What's going on with Radar10 updates to RadarOpus?
A little background….
Radar has always been a milestone in homeopathic software. The project began in 1982 and Radar reached its peak of fame between the end of the 1990’s and the early 2000’s. Radar as a program was historically updated every year and the last update was Radar10 in 2007.
With the fast pace of technological advances in the software world, a new version of the program became evidently necessary. As a result in 2009 RadarOpus was launched.
RadarOpus is a completely different program from Radar
It uses a different technology and is built differently, however since 2009 Radar users have had the possibility to “update” from Radar10 to RadarOpus.
In practice this means getting a discount on the purchase of the new software (RadarOpus) whilst also keeping the old library from Radar (i.e. if you purchased “book A” in Radar you also get to use “book A” in RadarOpus at no additional cost).
Historically this was done as a “thank you gesture” to Radar users because effectively they were “staying” with the company. It would be a bit like Apple giving you a discount on your next iPhone if you bring in your old one as a thank for for remaining an Apple customer.
After 14 years of updates from Radar to RadarOpus we are discontinuing the service.
Imagine if Apple allowed you to bring in an iPhone from 2009 and get a discount on a new iPhone!
Yes, we have been doing this for a lot longer than any other software company on the planet… The service is being discontinued because of technical compatibility problems. It is not something the company can continue guaranteeing.
Radar 10 to RadarOpus updates FAQ
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM A RADAR USER AND WANT TO BUY RADAROPUS AFTER JUNE 2023?
- Contact your local representative to see if there are any promotions available for existing users.
- CAN I BRING MY OLD LIBRARY FROM RADAR TO RADAROPUS UNTIL JUNE 2023?
- CAN I BRING MY OLD LIBRARY FROM RADAR TO RADAROPUS AFTER JUNE 2023?
- CAN I GET A DISCOUNT ON A RADAROPUS IF I AM A RADAR USER AFTER JUNE 2023?
- We can’t promise (because you’ve had 14 years to do this…) but you’re welcome to enquire.